Good Health: Your Key to a Good Life
Hudson Guild cordially invites you to participate in our Annual Health & Wellness Fair!
Join, meet, and share your organization with our Chelsea community members. As a participant in the Annual Community Health Fair, you can:
- Make direct contact with over 300 attendees
- Provide free vaccinations, health screenings, and consultations to those in need
- Network with other leading organizations and companies in the public health and wellness fields
Where: Hudson Guild Elliott Center
441 West 26th St, between 9th and 10th Avenues
New York, NY 10001
When: Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Time: 2:00PM – 7:00PM
For more information, or to speak directly with a Community Health Fair representative, contact a member of the 2014 Health Care Team:
- Jennifer Goldman, MAT, Health & Disabilities Coordinator, Early Childhood Program | firstname.lastname@example.org | 212-760-9833
- Karalyn Shimmyo, LMSW, Social Services Coordinator, Mental Health Services |email@example.com | 347-370-9175
- Meredith Liberatore, RN, Health Care Consultant, Early Childhood Program |firstname.lastname@example.org | 212-760-9833
- Marina Oteiza, LMSW, Deputy Director of Adult Services, Hudson Guild Adult Services Neighborhood Senior Center | email@example.com | 212-924-6710
About Hudson Guild:
Hudson Guild is a multi-service community agency serving those who live, work, or go to school in Chelsea, with a focus on those in need. With offerings as varied as community service projects for at-risk teens, mental health counseling for low-income individuals, wellness services for seniors, early childhood education for children, art gallery exhibitions and theater performances, the Guild seeks to empower and provide services and other activities to people in need to ensure a vibrant, safe, and healthy community.
Terri Conley, professor of psychology and women’s studies at the University of Michigan ( link )
Why does the internet believe it’s totally cool to make fun of people whose pictures we maliciously take without permission? Bullying is great as long as we can do it behind the back of strangers…in a public forum. Can we please not!
SPENDING MY WEEKENDS MAKING THERAPY RESOURCES, PART 1
this is a bad.ass. feelings chart.
The fact is, a 14-year-old girl may be capable of agreeing to sex with a 49-year-old man, but she doesn’t have the emotional and mental maturity to consent. I was 25 before I realized that every man I’d slept with as a teenager was a pedophile. It seemed to me that since I’d courted the attention, that I was fully culpable. What teenager believes she is not mentally or emotionally capable of full consent? I thought I was an adult, although when I look at the picture of myself from the time period above, I see a child.
I thought I was the exception for these men, the girl so precocious and advanced that it superseded social norms. I thought that I was “older than my chronological age.”
It never occurred to me as a young sexually active teen that the adult men I had relationships with may have been manipulating me, that they had designs and motives I couldn’t see from my limited child’s perspective.—
Everyone should read this article if they haven’t already. The anecdotes are upsetting and carry major TW (pedophilia, graphic depictions of sex), but the message is just so on point.